It applies to the impak.eco website ("IMPAK" or "Website") and all related websites, applications, services and tools ("Services") where reference is made to this policy , regardless of how you access the Services, including access through mobile devices. impak Finance inc. is the data controller.
2. Collection of information
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Personal information we may collect: When you visit our Website and use our Services, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geolocation information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from impak.eco, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
- Information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Personal information provided by you: We collect information that you provide directly to us. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Registration. Information you provide when creating your account (your name, email address, phone number, full user name, password, city, and time zone) ;
- Social media. Information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- Making a payment. When you make payments through the Service, you will need to provide personal information such as your credit card number and billing address.
- Customer Support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
- Geolocalisation. Information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
You are responsible for the personal information you share through our Website. We strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want a shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
Social media. We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
If you provide us access to personal information stored on third party websites, the scope of access to this personal information shall vary per website and will be determined by both your own browser settings and your consent. If you wish to connect your third party account to your IMPAK account and you consent to us accessing the information in these third party accounts, you agree that we can collect, use and store information from this third party website.
3. Use of information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone ;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information ;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads ;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Service ;
- to perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims, and
- to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud and security breaches ;
4. Sharing information
- With Our Service Providers. We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving our Service to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- Following The Law. We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits.
- Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If IMPAK is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
- Other Situations. We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
5. Protection of information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
6. Your choices
Account Information. You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings.
Location Information. When you first access our Service, we will collect information about your location, which we use to make better recommendations and to improve our Website. If you do not want us to collect information about your location, then you can prevent this:
- If using a mobile app, by changing the settings on your device.
- If using our website, your location data will be obtained via a cookie. Please consult the Cookies section in order to modify your preferences.
Note that our Website or its features may no longer function properly if you do. Your mobile device settings may also give you the option to choose whether to allow us to view your location on a continuous basis, when only using the app, or never. Allowing us to view your location when you are not using the app allows us to provide you with recommendations on a regular basis. Please refer to your device’s guide for additional information on how to adjust location services.
Promotional Communications. You can control messages that you receive from IMPAK by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
7. Data Rights
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. We are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation applicable as of Mai 25, 2018.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
- Technical cookies: These cookies are essential for you to browse our website and make the best use of the various features.
- Statistical cookies: Performance statistics cookies help optimize the site, solve bugs, and improve the quality of our services.
- Example: analysis of the number of visits and visitors.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies are essential to your navigation because they make it possible to optimize the functioning of our site and to give you access to specific functionalities.
- Social network cookies: Our site includes elements from third parties (application buttons), which allow the user to share via social networks, specific content.
- This is particularly the case of the buttons "Share", "I like", "g + 1", "Tweeter", from social networks such as "Facebook", "Google+", "Twitter", etc.
- If you interact with third-party material, for example by clicking on the "Like" button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information will be transmitted to the social network and published on your profile.
- If you do not want the social network to link information collected through our site to your user account, you must first log out of the social network.
- We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks to learn the purpose of use, including advertising, navigation information they can collect through these application buttons.
- Advertising cookies: with the agreement of IMPAK, this type of cookie, known as "third-party cookie", is deposited by the servers of the domains of IMPAK partners. These cookies allow:
- Display custom ads based on the user's profile,
- To limit the number of appearances of each advertisement,
- To measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
We offer you the possibility to block their collection by clicking on the following link.
Duration of cookies. Some cookies called session cookies will only remain on your device when you access our website. Others, persistent cookies, are stored there longer.
8.1. Web browser
You can choose to accept the deposit of cookies on your device and return to this decision at any time by modifying the settings of your internet browser.
Depending on the type of browser, you will have the following options: accept or reject cookies of any origin or a given source or schedule a message asking for your consent each time a cookie is placed on your terminal.
To express or return to your choices, refer to the help menu or to the dedicated section of your browser. For example :
9. Transfer and Storage of Personal Data
Our Services are hosted and operated in Canada through our service providers. We may transfer your personal data to the Canada., to any IMPAK affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By using any of our Services or providing any Personal Data for any of the purposes stated above, you consent to the transfer and storage of your personal data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to Canada as set forth herein, including the hosting of such personal data on Canadian servers.
10. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications. You do not have permission to add other IMPAK users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased something from you, unless the user has given his explicit consent.
If you notice that someone is abusing our Website, please notify us.
Boris Couteaux (Chief Compliance Officer) at [email protected]